Tuesday, March 23, 2010

tuesdays thoughts

cold today.

Max told me he didn't think I should wear my Harley Davidson jacket, at least not to school. He didn't "want people to get the wrong idea about" me. What? That I'm cold? Are Harleys only for men? He doesn't want his mother to be a motorcycle mama?

Going to look at furniture tonight. Had to cancel a costume fitting I was going to do for a student to meet Larry at a store in Ashburn. Nice stuff, 45% off through Sunday, no tax and free shipping. We NEED new living room furniture.

So I received an unhappy call today from my old lady friend. She heard that someone (from this someone) was replacing me at the Bible study. She didn't want me to go. I had not told anyone yet because there is still over a month left, and I just hadn't thought of it. But it sort of made me mad that someone is already talking about taking my place. Hello! I am still here, teaching your kid! Said kid, by the way, doesn't fit in well, so I'm thinking having his mom be his teacher is really not going to help. The big thing is that I wouldn't want the kids to know yet. And I imagine she has told her kids who delight in knowing stuff other people don't. So, there is no way if they know it that they won't tell.

No comments: