Tuesday, March 2, 2010

gold Pharaonics of Egypt costume

Can you see how happy I was?
I'm a pretty vocal dancer, I laugh some, I zagarheet a LOT.






I really wish I had fixed my hair. Half the point of the costume is to be all gold. My hair was gold, but not big and fluffy. But...lesson learned. I am very happy with everything else.
The costume is by Pharaonics of Egypt, designed by Amira el Kattan. This is the first time I have worn it. the big sleeve comes off and so it can be worn without it, but that is half of the fabulosity of the whole thing. There are a few other little accessories, like a garter-really, a garter. What bellydancer (except those who don't care if they get compared to strippers) would wear that? There is a hip band that goes over my right hip, but I set it very loose and just left it over the side of the top of the skirt. I like for the hip edge to be not straight, first of all, and hip bands either slide down or give you muffin top-or both.
This is not a costume I will be able to wear a lot, only for special occasions, so it bumps the two Bella costumes down some.
But do I need another Blue Pharaonics? :)


No comments: