Monday, March 1, 2010

must remember this feeling

last night was good.
last night was way good.
last night was better than anything I have done in 6 years good.
I danced at Alf Laylah Wa Laylah last night.

To summarize what a very smiley and proud Larry said, I had combined the showmanship I have polished since moving to VA with the technique I seemed to have left behind in TX.

I was sick the whole day before I danced, sick from nervousness. How weird was that? I stopped getting nervous a decade ago. But maybe that was part of the problem. Maybe I didn't care enough. I cared this time. I knew who my audience was last night-DC area dancers who discount LoCo dancers and a heavy ME crowd.
The ME guys were up and clapping; that was about all I noticed. Everyone really liked me. I got a couple of stink eyes, but that is normal, and in this business usually means you are doing good.

I know there were a lot of pictures taken and maybe a video. I almost don't want to see the video because nothing is ever good as it is live and I don't want to crush this high.

This is why I dance. I love it. I need to remember this so I will stop being lazy and being complacent with "good enough" and coasting on my experience.

last night was good.

No comments: