Tuesday, January 5, 2010

organizing

I organized my junk drawer andmy utensil drawer in the kitchen. I bought a "junk drawer organizer" (about $7) and some little baskets ($2). The hardest part was finding places to put the junk that didn't fit inthe junk drawer.
I found two things in the utensil drawer that puzzle me. One seems to be a spiral slicer, but it is really flimsy and must have been free with something. The other might be a grill cleaner for my oven, but I am not sure.
I had 2 corkscrews, four whisks, 5 spatulas (pancake turners), 3 spatulas (not pancake turners), 4 slotted spoons, 3 non-slotted spoons, one fat fork, three thermometers, 4 can openers (two screw kind, two pop kind) and three vegetable peelers. I am keeping one corkscrew, two whisks (one I like, one is from Disney), 3 pncake turner spatulas, 3 plastic spatulas, 2 slotted spoons, zero fat forks, three thermometers (I don't know if they all work), four can openers (I will see which ones work best and hten narrow down to one each) and two vegetable peelers. There were some cake servers, but I will find a place for them. Also a circle sandwich cutter that I think Sheryl wants. (Right, Sheryl?).

I feel empowered. Not courageous enough to tackle my sewing room, but strong enough to do my small appliance cupboard.

Larry is going to be REALLY happy!

No comments: