These cookies, made with 3/8 of the chocolate chips, 2/3 of the sugar, wheat flour instead of white, and apple sauce instead of 3/4 of the butter are not significantly better for you than Chips Ahoy. I had visions of high fiber, low fat, home made, and dare I say GRANOLA (Granola like Sheryl, not like the yummy cruchy stuff) cookies that would give me lots of satisfaction and make me feel competent in the kitchen. Instead, I got lumpy and healthy-tasting cookies that don't do anyone any good. I guess they are significanty better than the normal Nestle Toll House cookie with regards to nutritional stats, and better than Chips Ahoy in that there are no preservatives or mystery ingredients. But I wanted to make something Larry could eat and feel good about. He probably won't even like them. Max does, at least straight from the oven. We'll see in a few minutes when they cool down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment