Monday, February 15, 2010

seeking employment

and it might be easier than I thought.
Just by coincidence I found the email address for a lady I was once acquainted with who is in charge of a small (and struggling as I later found out) homeschool co-op. I emailed her and told her I was looking for a small supplement to my family's income that would not impact my family. I told her I would be able to teach any level of math through Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, or Earth Science and I briefly listed my education and experience.

I am very surprised that I am more qualified that any of the teachers she has.

The pay is a little less than what I had once been told, since her co-op is struggling in this economy. The break down per class would end up being about $30/hour of instruction time. I would have planning and grading on top of that.

I am wonderinf if there is another co-op close by that uses the same books. It would be nice to be able to do the planning once to present it twice.

It might not work out, it does sound like this group is really struggling and they did have someone inquire before I did, but his schedule was tight and he doesn't have my education. I think I will research other area groups to see what comes out of this.

I don't need to make a lot of money (engineering career money). I just need to be productive. I need to contribute to the household and to society without negatively impacting my family.

No comments: