I knew a boy in high school named George. George failed AP History, but made a 5 on the AP test. I made A's in all my high school classes, but barely passed any of the tests. Last I heard, George was a drug-addicted artist. If I was not a sahm, I would be a successful engineer.
Probably not great to share that.
Max makes mostly B's with a few A's. He doesn't pay attention in class and doesn't always finish his school work (not home work, stuff done at school). He was in the 99 percentile of the standardized tests that they do in school. Now he is being considered for the gifted program. I have to say Max is more like George than like me. Not that I think he will be a drug addict, but he doesn't have a whole lot of drive. I guess I could say that he is bored, that the school material is too easy, but I think he is a tv/video game junkie who has strong inate abilities in math and science. He hates to read, he hates to be still.
Guess I'll talk to his teacher. I have a feeling that she really likes him, but doesn't necessarily think of him as gifted. That's ok. I apparently don't either. Can a low drive be increased and improved? I don't want Max to coast through life, I want him to excel. I blame a lot of this on myself, for not pushign him more. It was more fun to just play instead of work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you are talking about his gp. Mea Culpa
Post a Comment