Tuesday, September 29, 2009

freedom of religion

Please forgive this poorly worded mess of thoughts.

This country was founded on, among other things, freedom of religion. But our forefathers generously gave credit for creation of the country to God. Their issue with freedom of religion was mostly between Catholicism and Protestants, right? It wasn't the freedom to say that God doesn't exist. It wasn't the freedom to remove the need of God from helping the USA succeed. It was the freedom to worship the Christian God in the manner that individuals please.

One of the major differences between the USA and most European countries is that they are secular nations with very little or no religious influence in any part of their lives.


Something I am pondering. Maybe I am totally wrong. It's not that I think that people shouldn't have the right to worship or not worship whatever or Whomever, it's that I have a major problem with the removel of the Christian religion from this country. If the USA was started as a Christian nation, and I believe it was, then why would people think they can change that?
I welcome thoughts, arguments, etc.

No comments: