Thursday, July 16, 2009

so tired

I can't believe how tired I am. I am so tired I can't sleep.

I love day camp. I really do. I love it. I love seeing all the boys running around together, getting so excited when they finally make a bullseye, hanging with their buddy, being themselves. However, this year it is different. We have twice as many kids, plus I was given 2 random kids I have called orphans because somehow they were let in without adults. Also, I have been one adult short for two days due to dehydration. But the worst part is that there are 5 boys who have really given me trouble; three of whom I swear are demon possessed. They suck all the fun out of camp for me. Two boys have had parents there for one day, and on those days they were borderline ok. If they sign up next year, I might insist that they have a parent there everyday. I dont' think I can do that, but I will talk to our cubmaster about it.

Speaking of cubmasters, you have to be a special sort of person to do it. The kids and adults have to like you and you have to know how to work well in all situations. Ours really stepped up to the plate yesterday and I appreciate it.

Larry probably hates day camp because of how exhausted I am and how messed up the house is. But I still love it and I will still be the coordinator for our pack. I will still encourage all our boys to go. But I will not plan ANYTHING else for the week. That was another mistake; I had a dance class in Sterling Tuesday night and another scout thing last night. I need to be able to come home, take a shower, eat, do a minimal amount of housework and then fall asleep. Maybe have a drink, then fall asleep...

Speaking of time issues, we ran VERY late yesterday. Max and I were invited to spend extra time on the bb range, so I got to shoot. When the Range Officer saw my target, he said "That's what a girl from Texas can do!". Every kid who qualifies (obtains a certain score) in BBs get s something drawn on his camp shirt. I got it too and I will be SO cool tomorrow! But, this meant Max and I had 30 minutes to shower, eat, and get our class A's on, but we were still earlier than some folks.

No comments: