Thursday, July 16, 2009

God and Me program

Max and I are doing the God and Me program with scouts. The local Episcopal church is doing it by request of one of our den leaders. It is a very small group, 9 kids and 5 are with our pack, 4 with the one chartered by the church. All Protestan Faiths use the same program for children 1-3 grades, then it splits into more specific programs.

I think Father Tom will do a great job, and it was nice to see his kids misbehave. :)

The really funny thing that happened, was that we were standing in the very hot foyer (on my aching feet) and F. Tom asked the kids what churches they went to. a few kids immediately knew, then there where three families in a row with no home church. But the lady next to me (whom I do not know) spoke for her kids and said they had gone to PBC and the kids liked it, but she thought Baptists were much too strict and she made an ugly face. Then Max said we went to HBC and it was pretty funny. It didn't offend me at all, but it was not lost on some folks that she had dissed my religion. I thought I was the only one who put my foot in my mouth!

No comments: