I used to think that my scout pack was great. I really like the leaders, some of the kids are great, and I love the activities. But I have come to realize that our kids are NOT the best pack of kids. There are some AWESOME kids there! But the rotten apples are sucking the life out of the pack, at least for me. Maybe I am just coming off of a long, hard week, but I am pondering our scouting future. Blue Ridge Bible Church has a new pack. Just thinking...
I am tired ofMax's behavior being the worst when he is in scouts. I am tired of seeing scouts-in uniform!-not respect the flag. Yesterday my son learned a very bad word from a scout. Some of the boys are picking on other boys in the pack. Whatever happened to "A Scout is Friendly"? I'm tired of having to yell over the boys.
Maybe I'm just tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
boys will be boys.
however, i can tell you from a troop/pack defector that is was the best scout decision i have ever made. go ahead and visit the new pack (w/ or w/out max) to see how green the grass really is.
It's a shame when you can't even count on scouts to set an example for others. I hope Max can set the example for others and help get his peers back in order so they can be a troop everyone can be proud of.
Try getting some rather senior (mature) scouts to be den chiefs. Role models that they can look up to. It may be hard to find boys like that that will spend the time with younger boys. but, if you can find some that see this as a good project for them, it probably would help a great deal. Just a thought. Also, this is a good topic for the adult leaders to discus. However, there must be a little time for the little boys to have fun.
Post a Comment