I don't hate the scouts anymore. I like them all. Of the 4 REALLY bad ones, one will be crossing over this year, so he will be gone. The other three are all Max's age, so they will be around a while. I see hope in two of them. One, I don't know.
I found an excellent article on-line about cub scout discipline. I plan on implementing some of their ideas in the fall. I'm going to start out by talking to the parents and asking if any of them what to take over. When they say no, I will tell them what my plans are. Some will involve scouts having to leave the meeting. I don't know what I will do it if it Max that has to leave.
I learned that I need to set my expectations with the boys early. And while I did that in a group, I didn't do it individually with the high maintenance boys. That is necessary for them to be well behaved.
Anyway, I feel much better today. Emotionally that is. I hurt. I ache. I am tired. I have a whopping bruise on my left elbow from my ineptness at archery. I have a porch full of my pack's lost and found that no one has come to claim. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. A little quicker to make the boys sit out of the fun stuff for bad behavior, though.
time to get ready for the next adventure...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment