First of all, what I DO like. I like her name. SOTOMAYOR, SOTOMAYOR. It's fun to say, SOTOMAYOR. I am inspired by her background. Anyone who beats the odds is a success story, and that is part of the American Way. Good for her for working hard and not giving up. The United States of America needs more people to be driven and dedicated as she has been.
Now for what I do not have an opinion on. As a nominated Justice for the Supreme Court of the United States of America, I don't care if she is female, Hispanic, or a Princeton and Yale graduate. She is a current federal judge with a suitable amount of experience. (Unlike others).
The two things about her that I don't like are really the same thing. She seems to think that her gender and ethnicity coupled with her history make her able to "reach a better conclusion" than someone of a different gender, ethnicity, and background. She has also said that "policy is made on the bench". Policy is made by the Legistative branch of the government, not the Judicial branch. A judge is to be impartial and to follow ESTABLISHED laws, not interpret them based on their personal experiences.
A judge's ability to be impartial, regardless of the situation, and to give an unbiased decision is what is important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sandra! I have a question to ask you about maybe coming to D.C. this Saturday. I didn't know if you'd be up this late but I'll call you or text you tomorrow!
LOVE YOU
yes, i like saying sotomayor
sotomayor
sotomayor
sotomayor
sotomayor
sotomayor
Post a Comment