Thursday, June 4, 2009

Obama's Speech in Egypt

So Obama said that one of his objectives is to make sure that a bad name of Islam isn't perpetuated in the United States. (I apologize for not having a quote, I just heard it and it makes me so sick I am not able to think straight). Where does this objective fall? Between declaring June LGBT month and going to Five Guys Burgers and Fries (excellent burger joint, I must say)?

I will say that I am happy to hear that following his proclaimation of how great Islam is and how it is his mission to make sure we all know it, he remembered that he is an American and how we have fought for our freedoms. He didn't give it the time he gave to talking about how Algebra was discovered by Muslims, though.

1 comment:

bicyclerepairman said...

i'm SO not into politics/world-wide stuff that is current...

however,

wasn't the intention of the president all this time and his speech designed to mend relations after the attack on 9/11 and the "U.S.-led" (i know, i know) war in Iraq?

do you think he is on the way to doing this or is he doing this at the expense of americans?

ps, i'm mad cuz blogger won't accept my HTML (even though it says it does...:(