We always say Happy Friday here, because we love the weekends. It's nice to have Larry home. This weekend we have a party to go to with the other CBS people and Sunday we have a den fishing trip. Not much of a trip as we are just going into Hamilton, but it will be fun.
I'm doing the lecture today. It was a really easy one to write. I will post it later. It was on 2 Kings 19-21 and I called it "Prayer: The First Defense". I googled "First Defense" and got a lot of companies called that, some were bug killers, one was a British group who wants England to focus more on military defense, very interesting. If I were talking to adults, I'm sure there would have been something there to use. But I'm not, so I didn't use anything. One story I am focusing on is when Sennacherib of Assyria taunts King Hezekiah and Judah by saying how they conquered so many other nations and their gods, how can the God of Judah stop him? The first thing Hezekiah does is pray. When Hezekiah was on his deathbed and Isaiah tells him to get his affaris in order, the first thing he does: prays. When the evil, evil King Manasseh is captured and bound as a slave, what is the first thing he does? Say it with me, HE PRAYS. And they all have happy endings. Good stuff, the Old Testament. You can't write a story like anything in it.
I kept thinking of Sheryl's professor's joke. What is the first thing you know? But I changed it, to What is the first thing you do? But that joke doesn't translate well, no, that joke is just hard for most people to get. But isn't it "The NEXT thing you know", anyway???
After CBS I will be going to Emerick to help with the used book sale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE the story about Hezekiah. I think it's so neat that when the Assyrians are going to attack he doesn't just pray for his life, or his people's lives, or even his people's honor, but instead he prays that the Lord would act on behalf of His name being glorified. ("so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone, O Lord, are God" Isa. 37:20) I want that to be my prayer in every time of need, that God would be glorified above anything else. Sounds like it will be great Sandra!
Post a Comment