Friday, April 23, 2010

I am not PC

Unless we get rained out (which seems unlikely as we all know it is going to pour but no one has cancelled the camp out yet), I will be leading a scout worship service.

Galatians 1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of men or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of God.

1 Thessalonians 2:4 On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

oh, there are SO many more.

I am leading the worship service. I am writing the worship service. I have written the worship service 8 times. I will not conform in the worship service. I am humbly asking for forgiveness from God for considering conforming to the world. I am in the world, but I am not of it.

A few different people have used scripture and quotes from other religions to back up the scout oath. Really neat. I was using one, but I took out a few of the really obscure religions and some duplicates. I sent it to the guy who is going to help me read it. He flat out refused to so it. He said he would read the Christian parts, but not the Islamic, Buddhist, etc. I said I would talk to our cubmaster and find out what religions we have in our pack. (I had already tried to do this, but he said he didn't know-it seems like there is a spot for religious preference on the scout application). Then I realized that God had answered my fervent prayer.

I knew that this was wrong. I cannot say if it was wrong for our pack, but I can say that it is wrong for me. I had been praying for guidance from God, knowing that I was told to be all PC about it, but believing in my heart that it was wrong.

I am not ashamed of the gospel. It is offensive. People hate the gospel. They don't like it. But it is true. It is real. I will not hide it and I am mortified that I started to.

I immediately told this man that I would not be emailing the cubmaster, but instead changing the service. It is not very Christian. But it is not trying to pull all religions together.

I do not believe that you can pool all religions because contrary to popular belief, there is only one way to eternal life, only one way to salvation. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Light, no man comes to the Father, except through Him. For Sandra to jumble Christianity in with 12 other religions is for Sandra to be ashamed of the gospel, for Sandra to deny Christ.

To top it off, at CBS today, two of the kids questions had to do with pleasing God versus pleasing man. I stopped dead in my tracks. Then in lecture, it was all I could do to not start bawling while our director talked on this subject. (The topic was in the first of the two lessons we covered today, lessons I had done two weeks ago and I didn't cover the first lesson in my lecture).

I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.

No comments: