Saturday, January 24, 2009

quiet

It's almost 8 and everyone else is sleeping. It's strangely quiet. I hear the click of the keyboard and a dvd stirring in the dvd player.
We have the pinewood derby today. I hope Max has a good time. It would be awesome if we both won, but I just want Max to be happy. He seems to expect to win "Most Patriotic" but even though his car is beautifully painted, without the dumb stickers, I don't think the other kids will vote for it. He didn't want the stickers, though. I like it without them. He doesn't seem to care about winning the actual race. Maybe it's because his car didn't do well last year.
It's nice that Larry is home. Max had a tough week; I'm thinking because he misssed his Dad. The week flew by for me, I was really busy, although I don't know with what.
We might go to Winchester today. One of Max's long-time friends from here is having a birthday party at a really cool party place there. If we make it at all, we will be really late because of the pinewood derby. This is the kid who bit Larry in a bounce house a couple of years ago. I am pretty sure he'll never forget it.
Sorry to have nothing exciting to say, it's pretty quiet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, a kid bit Larry? Classic. And I didn't even know they had a most patriotic category! Why don't you think the other kids will vote for him/