Do I talk about Christmas, or Sheryl?
Sheryl will be in the hospital 5 days or so. I heard the doctor say 5-7 days, Mom thought she heard 4-5 days. Her appendix probably burst on Sunday, yet was fairly contained, so there was no peritonitis. (Which sounds like a dental problem to me, but apparently is not). She is pretty miserable, but hopefully they will dope her up more for the next day or two. There is still concern for infection.
According to Gary, Henry was up every hour last night. He was upset about Sheryl, but also excited about Christmas. Max zonked out and we had to be loud to get him up. I heard that Henry got a Wii. Max got various lego things, a DS game, Battleship (get ready to play) and not one, but TWO BB guns. Larry bought him one last month and then Grandpa KinCannon sent him one, too. Hopefully he won't shoot his eye out. Both boys got Bakugans, of course.
Mom is at the hospital now, she left around 8:15 I think. Grandpa and Max are playing battleship. I hope to go to the hospital soon.
Merry Christmas. While this is not how I thought I would spend this vacation, I am so glad I am here. I really missed hanging out with Sheryl while she was at mom's sick, but I am grateful for that time. I will get extra Henry time, though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hopefully Grandma heard correctly about the number of days!
And that is GREAT that she does not have peritonitis: our other cousin Justin, who currently is going through dialysis, has had it not once, not twice, but thrice!, and women who have had peritonitis and given birth say it's about the same pain level...yikes!
Poor Henry! He wants to be excited and joyous about Christmas but he is conflicted with nervous sad thoughts about his mom. what a conundrum!
Sounds like Santy Claus brought Henry and Max a pretty good haul this year. I am so ready to challenge whoever wants to play to Battleship. **Also Sheryl, I got a board game called Qwelf that the whole family can play (age appropriate and the more players the better). you will absolutely love it.
I think Max can handle two BB guns. I saw y'all's Christmas card-he looks like quite the handy cub scout.
Post a Comment