Wednesday, May 19, 2010

progress...

Went to the doctor yesterday. She did a thyroid test and a vitamin D test. I think I'm just 40...

I have completed the choreography of my first routine in the show. It's cute. I was going to do more, but I don't have to, so I'm not going to stress over it. Less is more. I am definitely doing the sword dance. I don't seem to have the strength/coordination/balance to do the tricky floorwork (like up on a side plank, sword on head, moving hips and hand while also playing zills-hard on the resting hand, but I did it on the floor). But it will be good enough. There will be a lot of non belly dancers here, and they are always happy to see a sword much less if you put it somewhere. And then to add finger cymbals. as if that effected your ability to balance something on your head...But LOTS of bellydancers can't do that.

Painting-great! The maize wall is lovely, but there is a lot of green that the previous owner slopped everywhere. I see myself painting trim next week. That's ok. I also think I will paint the bedroom soon-finally. The school year is almost over, but I will see if I can squeeze it in after the show.

No comments: