Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday

Hello? No one will answer my math problems? I realized some were hard, so I threw in an easy one.

DC bellydancers are quoting $600 for NYE gigs. I just quoted someone $350 ($400 with sword) in Middleburg. While the DC dancers would hang me for that, I doubt I will get it. But do I really want to dance on NYE (in Middleburg!)? I will wear my new gold costume if I do, unless they want sword, then I will wear the new purple bra/belt set. I can't do floorwork in the gold, and I like to do floorwork with sword. More like I HAVE to do floorwork with sword-it is hard, but it is what I do. Like I have to wear finger cymbals. It's just how I "grew up".

Been working out again after a week off. Tired. Feels good, though, I guess.

I have some Christmas sewing to do. Maybe I will get to it after my in-town errands. I love the days when I only have in town errands and don't have to leave Purcellville.

Christmas Caroling with the scouts tonight.

Oh-awesome time yesterday at the National Organization of Conservative Women Luncheon. Saw lots of people I knew but didn't expect to see there. I liked Jackie Gingrich Cushman, the speaker. Maybe one day I will become politically active. Or not. I have to say I no longer care as much about social issues. Don't get me wrong. Bad social policies are and will continue to erode our country from the inside out. But poor economic choices will cut us down at the knees. I am not so pessimistic that I have started to learn Chinese, but I am concerned about the fact that no one is very concerned about this! Health care can wait. Social legislation can wait. People need to be looking at the budget and at government spending and STOPPING it. Yes, we want to buy new tankers, but we can't afford it. Yes, we want to give aid to other countries, but we can't afford it. It's like the air masks on an airplane. You have to put one on yourself first, before a child. If you are incapacitated, who will help the child? If the USA is no longer able to care for itself, who will help the little countries? China? Iran?

What a train of thought I have today.

ETA: Cap and Trade. That is what I am most upset about. It's all good to be green, but don't penalize people who aren't. At least not when they are struggling to survive.

No comments: