Friday, November 6, 2009

being nice

Larry says I am the nicest person he knows. I guess he doesn't know many people. I struggle with this, I am so judgmental and opinionated and I have a hard time if I think people think ill of me.
But I do like to be nice. And I don't understand why, in general, it is so hard to do. Is it the pharmacist's fault your doctor didn't send in your prescription? Then don't yell at her. What about the cashier at Bloom who can't get your scanner to work. Did they break it on purpose? It feels so good to be nice, and so bad to be mean.

I am about to sever my relationship with some people who like being mean. It took me a couple of years to get to this point. I am sure they don't "like" to be mean, but they consistantly do the mean thing instead of the nice thing. So why do I want to be with these people? They are perfectly happy being in there bubble of perfection and I tend to cloud it up, so I know they will be happy to see me leave. We don't ever agree on anything, and I know they think I am untalented and uneducated. I am neither. But I no longer care what they think.

Feels good.

2 comments:

bicyclerepairman said...

WHAT happened. let me know details (unless it is me, then don't tell me
)

bicyclerepairman said...

oh, and you are a nice person. perhaps the nicest one i know. jenny is pretty nice and i am pretty nice :) .....
i know i can be too nice and it is not a good thing for anyone...