Every scout in my den participated in Scouting for food in the two weeks that we worked. I was in charge of all the Wolf Scouts, and I felt like the other den thought I was usurping their den leaders authority, but I no longer think that, and I no longer care. I need to remember that, at least with regards to scouting, parents want volunteers so they don't have to work as much.
We collected 1459 pounds of food, but one of the town's boy scout troops "took" some of our food. We places bags in three particular neighborhoods, only to see the boy scouts minutes ahead of us picking up the food. They took the fun part! It all goes to the same place, so one could argue that it doesn't matter, but the cub scouts did the initial work by placing the bags, they should have been able to reap the benefits. Luckily, I didn't have to complain because there were some seriously mad dads there and they did it for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment