Did I mention that April 15th was our 5 year anniversary in this house? 5 years. More than half Max's life, more than half my marriage. Max quit wearing diapers in Virginia. He quit using his pacifier in Virginia. He learned how to read in Virginia. He learned how to ride a bike and a dirt bike here, he learned how to play soccer here, he discovered Bakugan here!!! He doesn't think of himself as a Texan and that makes me sad. He doesn't sound like a Texan; in fact, he recently said they sound funny.
I had an epiphany this weekend. I need to let go of whatever it is that I am holding on to. I have been so afraid to become part of my community that I've made it hard to become part of it. I live in a great town. My son is happy. My husband has a great job (albeit a horrible commute). I have too many things I can choose to do. What is my problem?
I did a Bible Study last spring on the Psalms of Ascent. I forget exactly which ones those are, 115-130 or something like that. I remember being comforted that God put me here; that I am here because of His will. Now all I can find is Psalm 120:5,
Woe to me that I dwell in Meshech, that I live among the tents of Kedar!
I don't know what that means, but it goes on to talk about living amongst people who are at war. So that doesn't work. I'll have to try to remember what it was.
Anyway, now that I caught myself rambling, I will come to my point, which is that I need to embrace Virginia. I think I will be here a long time and I need to change my attitude. I think I need to start on my house. It looks like we are only here temporarily. Most of the rooms still have the previous owner's horrible colors on the walls. The things on the walls are just on the nails that were left by them, too. Now where do I start?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha I'm sure my Dad also thinks himself more a Tennessean than Texan now also.
Post a Comment